I’m prepping for another comprehensive exam, which I will confront tomorrow. So I’ve neglected to freshen up around here. (Which is not to say that I haven’t strayed from my studies to compile a long list of bloggables; I just haven’t had a chance to “frame” them.)
Let me just pass along a few things to chew on:
- Frank Rich
- Andrew Sullivan’s observation that, according to the very definitions of torture John McCain has signed off on for the Bush Administration, he wasn’t actually tortured by his captors.
- It doesn’t matter that John McCain has more homes than he can count; he was a POW!
- The mainstream media doesn’t seem to find it so newsworthy when a Republican breaks ranks and comes to the Dem side, as when a DINO like Zell Miller or Joe Lieberman goes Republican.
- I recorded the Obama/McCain interviews at Saddleback with Rick Warren the weekend before last, but no need. McCain cheated and was being prepped on the questions by staffers while driving over in his motorcade, instead of being ensconced in “the cone of silence” Warren claimed he was in. Need further proof? Read the transcript. (But he was a POW!)
- Curious, isn’t it, how the Republicans never seem to show any concern about the hackability of private corporate vendors’ electronic voting machines? Read this too, and then get your pen-and-paper absentee ballot.
All right… We’ll catch up after the exam tomorrow.